Protect your car and yourself when you’re out on the road in Hickory with an auto insurance policy that works for you.
Auto Insurance in Hickory – At First Security Insurance, we can help you find quality auto insurance at a great price. Having auto insurance is an absolute necessity here in Hickory, North Carolina, not only because it protects the investment you made in your vehicle, but also because it’s legally required. In North Carolina, the minimum coverage requirements are $25,000 for property damage, $60,000 total bodily injury, and $30,000 bodily injury for each person.
The Risks of Lapses in Auto Insurance
Some insurance is completely voluntary and addresses your risk tolerance related to potential losses. Auto insurance is not one of those. While you have discretionary power to have higher than required coverage, and probably should, you must have at least the minimum when you are a driver and vehicle owner in North Carolina. Here at First Security Insurance, we want to share with you a few of the risks involved with having insufficient auto insurance or even none at all. Let us help you avoid these potential risks by keeping your auto insurance up to date at all times.
- Penalties- If you are pulled over and found not to have auto insurance, you will receive a ticket, and each time that happens in a three-year period, the penalty increases. In addition, if you have a lapse in insurance coverage, the insurance company will notify the DMV and you will be notified that you have ten days to show proof of auto insurance and pay the penalty or you may lose your license.
- Loss of License- If you are involved in an accident and do not have auto insurance, your driver’s license will be suspended for one year and three points will be added to your driving record.
- Loss of Vehicle- If you have a loan on vehicle, the lender may choose to repossess the vehicle.
- Drop in Credit Rating- If your insurance was cancelled due to nonpayment, the auto insurance company can pass the debt to a collection agency with detrimental effects on your credit rating.
- Increased Insurance Rates- To qualify for the lowest insurance rates, you must not have lapses in insurance coverage. Even short ones make you a higher risk, and you’ll pay more for insurance going forward until you can establish reliability again.
- Financial Distress- If you have an accident and it is your fault and you do not have sufficient coverage, you can be sued personally, leading to serious financial distress. If you have your vehicle repossessed or you lose your license and cannot get to work, the loss of an income could also be devastating.
We realize that when it comes to insuring your car, you must meet state-mandated coverage limits, but even these limits may not provide enough protection. We’ll sit down with you, determine what your needs are, and compare coverage options from several different providers. In the end, you’ll walk out with a new auto insurance policy that works for you and your budget.
Providing medical, home, vehicular, and business insurance services
for almost 100 years
Keep in mind that there are a number of factors that affect what you pay for auto insurance. For example, the type of car you drive, what you use your vehicle for, your claims record, and your driving record are all things that impact your rates. We’ll determine which discounts you qualify for and apply them to your policy so you get the best rate possible.
Protect your car and yourself when you’re out on the road with an auto insurance policy that works for you. For more information about updating your current policy or obtaining a new one, give us a call at First Security Insurance today.