Bars and Restaurants Aren't the Only Ones That That Need Liquor Liability Insurance

Because many states have enacted “dram shop” statutes, imposing liability on those who serve liquor for any injuries caused by someone who became intoxicated at their establishment, liquor liability insurance is an absolute must for bars and restaurants that serve alcoholic beverages. There are other situations where coverage may be desired as well:

Host Liquor Liability – If you frequently host parties in your home for friends or business associates, there is always the chance that one of your guests could end up causing property damage or personal injury because of their intoxication. Another situation is a company that holds events for their employees, vendors or clients. In most cases, if the person creates a minor situation, the victim will turn only to that person for restitution. However, in the case of severe property damage or personal injury, the victim could easily turn to whomever provided the liquor.
Wine Tastings – Wineries and wine distributors are often involved in allowing customers to sample their product. It is not impossible for a sip of multiple varieties to add up to reach an intoxicated status, so those that perform wine tastings should consider liquor liability insurance.
If you would like to know more about the dram shop statutes in North Carolina and how they can affect the necessity for you to have liquor liability insurance, or you’d like to know more about how to get this coverage, feel free to contact us at First Security Insurance. We have served the insurance needs of the Hickory, North Carolina area for almost 100 years and represent many of the finest carriers in the insurance industry.