Do you feel like you pay too much for auto insurance premiums? Are you looking for ways to trim your budget and save money? At First Security Insurance, here are some tips we recommend for reducing your auto insurance premiums.
- Compare insurance costs before purchasing a car—Look into auto insurance costs before you buy a car. Today, car insurance premiums are affected by the total price of the vehicle, the likelihood of theft, and the vehicle’s overall safety record.
- Shop around for different policies—Different insurers will offer different price points for auto insurance, so be sure to shop around before finalizing your policy.
- Minimize coverage on older cars—If one of your vehicles is older, consider dropping comprehensive coverage on that car to save money.
- Go for a higher deductible—By upping your deductible, you can reduce your monthly premiums. Just make sure you have enough to cover the deductible if you need to file a claim.
- Bundle your insurance policies—Buying your homeowner’s and auto insurance from the same provider can often result in a discount.
- Ask about low mileage discounts—If you drive fewer miles than the average driver every year, you could be eligible for a discount.
- Work on your credit—Most insurers use credit information to price auto insurance policies, so work on improving your credit for a better rate on car insurance.
- Look into group insurance—Some companies offer discounts on auto insurance if you participate in a group plan.
- Work with the right broker—When it comes to reducing your auto insurance premiums, working with the right broker is everything. Contact us now to find out how we’ll make sure you’re getting the best deal on auto insurance!